Tactic: Arena Stage's New Deal--25,000 tickets at $25 each for 24 hours
Good for the first week of any remaining production in 2008-09
Results: 6,661 tickets sold for almost $200,000 in revenue in a 24 hour period
- The previous highest grossing day at Arena Stage was $90,000 in 2002, which we more than doubled.
- We created 229 entirely new patron accounts.
- Several preview performances sold out, and the remaining shows have very healthy houses which should go a long way in boosting word of mouth early.
- We sold 1,400 tickets in two hours from 12am-2am on Friday morning.
- We had a line at the box office at 12am, including a woman in her sleeping bag.
ROUND 1 GOES TO ARENA STAGE